Friday, January 21, 2011

Fuel pump, air duct and polishing...

The old fuel pump quit. I have opted for an electrical pump. The advantage is to have the car start right up even after a long time in storage. This saves the battery and the starter. I've installed the pump on the front to have an easy access to the filter (Which will get dirty often at the beginning) and also away from the engine which will prevent vapor lock. The fuel lines are going between the battery and the fender.


The passenger side air duct also had mice...



There were a lot of rust stains on the bumpers and moldings...









I have received a used hubcap from Dave Burnham.


I polished the bumpers and moldings...










The paint looked dull after, so I used a cleaner wax and my orbital polisher to revive it...








A tune up is the only thing to do and the car is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment