Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Motor mounts, exhaust and closing the engine up...

I rebuilt the motor mounts (Stuck, of course).






The engine and gear box were so dirty, I power washed them.



I worked on the exhaust. First, extraction of broken studs.



All were seized solid.








The old flexible was going in one inch passed the slots. Tough to remove.



The new flexible design was slightly bigger than the original. I had to expend the muffle and weld the opening.


As often, the bracket attaching the flexible to the engine was broken. The new bracket will prevent breakage of the manifold.



A quick spray to protect the oil filter door.



The oil filter is back on.


I made sure that the block drain plug was not clogged.


I've checked a bearing and it is good shape. Let's assume that the rest are OK.


I have injected oil in the gallery to lubricate everything and make sure that there is a good oil circulation through the engine.


Pretty handy cork gasket with one sticky side.


Ready to close...




The oil went up to the rockers also.


The oil went to the hydraulic tensioneer. I have lubricated the chain for the first turns of the engine.



Gave a good clean up to the rocker cover...



No comments:

Post a Comment