Friday, December 17, 2010

Prepping the engine to be connected to gear box.

I have noticed some corrosion at the bottom of this opening. This is behind the engine and it would be a big job to address once the engine is in the car. No problem, I've just closed it with some sealer.


The new sphere is in place as well as the oil pressure sending unit.


The second barrel on the carb was badly seized.


I have removed the anti-pollution hardware which will makes it easier to maintain the car later; it is also dead weight. Trying to move the distributor with this on is a nightmare.


New fuel line secured with a piece of Ligarex.

I had to fix the broken studs on the manifolds.



I've finished the bracket to the downpipe. Next would be the starter and motor mount.


I had a set back; The distributor is seized solid. Heat and WD40 did not work. I am waiting now for used tower and distributor coming from Dave Burnham. I'm glad I've check that before the engine was in the car. The transmission would have to be removed again to replace these parts.


I went to pick up the new clutch.

New pilot bearing and a machined flywheel.

Norkor in New Haven did the relining on the clutch disc as well as the machining.


They also check the pressure plate and i cleaned up the surface.



No comments:

Post a Comment